Kickin it in the sticks

Kickin it in the sticks
Simons Family 2009

Saturday, December 26, 2009











Merry Christmas everyone. We had a very different Christmas this year. It was just the five of us. In the past we have always had some sort of family with us or us with them.
Anyway different.
On Christmas eve we all went to a friends house and had dinner. then came home. Gabe was so excited that Santa was coming some how they ended up in bed and asleep before we could read the christmas story and give them there jammies Christmas presents. Odd. So they all went to bed. But gabe stayed up in his room yelling at me to go to bed so that Santa would come. I told him that Santa doesn't come to dirty house and that i needed to clean it.
So Trav and I played santa and put tables together and wrapped and filled stockings.... We finally got to bed around 1ish and were wiped out.
Around 6:15 ish Gabe came yelling in our room that Santa came and turned the lights on UGGGGGG then proceeded to wake his sisters up. I ground and pulled the covers over my head. Trav was in such a comotsoed state that I dont think he even noticed any of it. After waking his sisters up he came back into our room and was jumping and yelling on the bed. So Trav and I slowly stumbled down the hall to the family room and through our bodies that had aged 50 years in one night to the couches. the girls played with the tea table that Santa had left and the tea set and Gabe bounced around asking if he could open his stocking. I said sure and then thought to my self why did they have to take after me how annoying. After about 45 min Trav and I finally woke up enough to get the camera out and start opening presents. It was so fun and magical. we had so much fun trying on jammies and hugs and kisses and thank yous and gapes at what St. Nick had brought. It was a wonderful morning.


2 comments:

Laura Neill said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! What's up with the 6 stockings? Are you preparing for another?? ;)

Carol said...

ha ha no I bought 6 before Sage was even born just in case then. But now it is Killy's